Half • Wits Theatre Company
The Odd Couple by Neil Simon.
Directed by Thomas Gemmell. Executive Producers Aaron Pennie and Gary Hurr.
It’s a ‘marriage’ of inconvenience! Oscar, a slovenly sportswriter with a heart of gold meets Felix, a critical perfectionist who finds fault in everything. When two thoroughly mismatched men get thrown out by their wives and move in together, what could possibly go wrong? Half•Wits Theatre Company presents Neil Simon’s hilarious comedy in what is sure to be a hot ticket of the summer!
Please prepare a two to three minute contemporary monologue
Audition will also involve workshop of scenes from the play.
There are 6 male roles available:
- Oscar Madison: A slovenly, recently divorced sportswriter with a chaotic lifestyle but who loves life.
- Felix Ungar: A fastidious, perfectionist, hypochondriac news reporter who gets thrown out by his wife, and moves in with Oscar. Incapable of enjoying anything and likes to point out other’s mistakes.
- Murray: A policeman, one of the poker buddies.
- Speed: One of the poker buddies. Gruff and sarcastic.
- Vinnie: One of the poker buddies. Mild-mannered, picked on by Speed.
- Roy: One of the poker buddies. Oscar’s accountant. Dry wit.
Two female roles:
- Cecily Pigeon
- Gwendolyn Pigeon Oscar and Felix’s giggly upstairs neighbours, a pair of English sisters. One is a widow, the other a divorcee.
An American accent is required for all male roles and an English accent for both female roles. Audition dates are the 26th and 28th of March from 6pm to 10pm and Sunday the 1st of July from 11 am till 2pm. Venue to be decided.
Please email all audition request to – email@example.comStating the role/roles you would like to audition for and preferred date.